Have you ever procrastinated on your college work?
Why do you think so many people procrastinate in college?
- You get overwhelmed by your to do list, so you push it aside.
- You don’t know how to tackle your tasks all at once.
- You don’t see it as a priority.
- Or you might say, “I still have time!”
This all comes down to organization. And I know, I know, we all try to be organized but
somehow procrastination still kicks in. That’s why we need to find a method that works for us. There are different ways to organize your tasks, projects, and exams etc…
So what is your best fit to keep you from procrastinating? Here are some tips to find out what works best for you!
- Write a to do list
- If you’re a visual learner, put up a calendar in your room or somewhere visible
- Use apps on your phone: google calendar or whatever you find interesting
- Buy a planner
Try different methods until you find one that works best for you. Once you get this down, use your syllabus and plug your deadlines away. Use your personal organizer and break up your big tasks, like projects or essays, into smaller tasks biweekly. Simply just take it step by step to get better results for college success!
Lastly, don’t be afraid to seek for help or ask for an extension! At your college, find an advisor or professor for further assistance to guide you. You got this!