Did you know that Dancing is an art and a way for people to express emotions, through performances? Dance is an integral part of the live and recorded performing arts and cultural industries. It is often collaborative and provides work opportunities for artists working in a range of other art forms including music, design, film, sculpture and theatre. In addition, dancers and choreographers frequently contribute to other art forms. For example, at the YPG we use all these skills to perform and attract youth to come join and be part of something more than just another group. There are plenty of benefits if you happen to be a dancer, we will list a couple of them below:
- Dancers are known to be disciplined, focused and high achievers who tend to be successful students and hard workers.
- Research proves that dancing also reduces stress and tension for the mind and body.
- Studies by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute have shown that dancing also prevents heart disease in particular.
- Dancers also have increased muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness. (No wonder professional dancers today are regarded as athletes.)
- Because of the high physical demand on their bodies, most professional dancers retire from dancing during their mid-30s.
- They also have better coordination, agility and flexibility.
Everything sounds great, doesn’t it? Well, this upcoming November 4th we will be hosting YPG USA Culture Night, where many of our talented dancers will be showing us their skills. This will be the FIRST YPG USA Culture Night event and will take place on Broadway in Los Angeles. The YPG will present some of the best talents the United States has to offer, with special guests coming in from Texas, Florida and throughout California, it will be a night to remember! Other performances will include plays, skits, rapping, and much more.
If you are interested in attending this special event TEXT 213-915-8769 for your FREE ticket! You can also check out our Facebook event page on the link: https://www.facebook.com/events/140721513218531/?ti=icl